Big Wheel Homer !!

Kool Stop Disc pads...

Has anyone else had any problems with Kool Stop Disc pads? I have the on a set of XT 4-piston brakes, they seem fine on the flats, but when going down hill and they get just a little hot they squeal like a pig and seem to lose all braking power. I thought at first they just needed to break in but I've got 60-70 miles on them now and no better. I took them off today and put my old Shimano pads back on. Bad set of pads?

Steve

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug
    Has anyone else had any problems with Kool Stop Disc pads? I have the on a set of XT 4-piston brakes, they seem fine on the flats, but when going down hill and they get just a little hot they squeal like a pig and seem to lose all braking power. I thought at first they just needed to break in but I've got 60-70 miles on them now and no better. I took them off today and put my old Shimano pads back on. Bad set of pads?

Steve
    No problems with my Kools on the front. Braking doesnt seem to be any different then before either. Im using XTR's though.

mtbr member
    I have XT M755 calipers (4 piston) and have used Koolstop pads with so so results. They're okay for freeride type riding although they wear quicker however, for extended descending they just don't compare to the Shimano M03 metallic pads. Best I've ever used however were a Shimano special pad with a very high metallic content developed for the downhill racers. Squeal a little but, do they ever bite. I can lock up front or rear when decending Whistler with 1 finger. Too bad they weren't availible to the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    No problems with my Kools on the front. Braking doesnt seem to be any different then before either. Im using XTR's though.