"Furruccio....Bite Me!"

K24's or Marta's??

I know Formula's are the hot brake this year, but has anyone tried both. They will be for all mountain riding and some light freeride on a Turner spot.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    I know Formula's are the hot brake this year, but has anyone tried both. They will be for all mountain riding and some light freeride on a Turner spot.
    I've tried both and prefer the Formulas, more power and the lever shape just works better for me. For the riding you described you really should be comparing the K24 and Louise though, more of an apples to apples comparison. I haven't ridden the newer Louise enough to give you much feedback on those, but the Formulas are definitely sweet.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Knollician
    Yep, as Larry said, the Formulas are more than the flavor of the week. The reviews are pretty accurate. When I upgraded to the K24's from the Juicy Ultimates, I was amazed. The lever feel is spectacular, power is rediculous. The levers fit my hands so well, I think that has a lot to do with it. The setup is as easy as it gets.

I liked the Formulas so much, I am putting them on my other bike, thanks to Ventanarama (Larry).

Definately add Larry to your list of places to call. He has great pricing.

I have not ridden the new Martas, but the old ones were amazing. I think the ease of setup, lever feel, and ease of bleeding give the Formulas the thumbs up form me.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Another vote for the Formulas, I have never owned a set of Martas but have worked on them and ridden them before. The formulas offer more power, better lever feel and ease of setup and bleeding.
    Just do it, Faster, Better, Lighter.
    bikekitchen.blogspot.com
    Single Minded

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I just swapped out some Marta’s for Oro Bianco’s. The Formula’s definitely have much more power and fade less on long downhills. But the Marta’s to me have better modulation. Maybe I just need to get use to the Formula’s, but on slow, narrow, rocky descents, the Marta’s were great in controlling the speed of the bike and keeping me on-line at just the right speed. The Formulas felt “grabby” and there were a couple of times with the Formula’s where I scrubbed off too much speed was not able to keep my momentum and roll over obstacles. I think it’s just a matter of me getting use to the additional stopping power of the Formula’s.

Industry Member
    Jul 2005
    Puckhead,
    Give them a few rides to get used to the additional power. Once you are used to them, and your brain and fingers realize that they just have to work less...the scrubbing too much speed accidentally thing goes away. Enjoy and let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Chris Costello