mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Just upgraded from Avid SD-7's to 06 BB7 disc's! Anything I should know before...

installing on my bike? I really loved the Single Digit 7's I've had for the past 5 years. But I've been eyeing the BB7 for a while and decided it's time to upgrade since I'm buying new wheels. I know that I can use them with my Speed Dial levers (why I bought them in the first place) but I was wondering if there are any other things I need to look out for when installing so I'll be ready to ride this weekend.

I've been down for a week and I'm getting bored with the road bike.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I recommend you go with full housing...it will help it retain the nice new-cable-lever- feel for a longer time..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Check...whether there is disk mount on your frame and fork.

MTBR Demi-God
    Make sure that the pads are "bedded in". It might take a couple of downhill runs to get the brakes to their full potential, so dont be surprised if you do not have mind blowing power during the first couple of rides.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Thanx because that's the first thing that I noticed. Stopping is worse that V's

Quote Originally Posted by anirban
    Make sure that the pads are "bedded in". It might take a couple of downhill runs to get the brakes to their full potential, so dont be surprised if you do not have mind blowing power during the first couple of rides.
    I don't have them fully dialed in yet but the stopping power seemed to suck compared to my V's. I'll give it a while.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Once they break in, you'll feel the power and wonder why you didn't convert sooner.