mtbr member

Just Got Stroker Rydes

So I just got the Stroker Rydes but am having a little bit of worries about whether I should have gotten the Trails instead. I should have done more research since my LBS
    didn't know that there were a few differences besides the brake levers. For all of you looking to buy, the Rydes don't have the banjo fittings for the brake lines or the spring held pads. These are minor details but I am worried that the smaller pads won't have
    the increase in stopping power over the old mags. If I had known about the smaller than a mag brake pad I think I would've gone for the Trails. Does anyone have the Rydes and feels that they have more tahn enough power for my 40lb Bullit?
    "Hold it wide and let it slide" - Sam Hill.

ride hard take risks
    I have not tried the Rydes but the fittings are not a problem. I believe 1 pad is the same as the Trail & the 2nd is a round pad. The major advantage of the Stroker line is the Radial Master cylinder. The Ryder I would assume to be better than the Mag just like the Trail is. One advantage of the Ryde is the pads are semi metallic which have a excellent feel & hold up to heat better than the sintered pads that are stock on the Trails.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    The pads on the rydes have the same shape and size and are both smaller than the trails'. I have the trails and have been nothing but impressed with them. I haven't Rydden the Rydes so I can't make a comparison for you. See if your LBS has a bike outfitted with the trails that they'll let you ride around a bit to see if there is a difference. I think there will be a slight but noticeable difference. Hopefully the trails that you're testing will be broken in.

-> SickLines.com <-
    According to the graphs Hayes has put out it would appear that the mag's have a bit more in them to stop you a little quicker than the Ryde's but the Stroker series has a bigger bladder so you should have less issues with the brake cooling/fading:

mtbr member
    Thanks for the responses. I have since gone back to my LBS and asked their opinion as well and came to the conclusion that for the relatively small price difference I would upgrade to the Trails even if it is just for my own piece of mind. I just have to wait for my foot to heal up and the snow to melt.
    "Hold it wide and let it slide" - Sam Hill.