mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Juicy Ultimates or Elixir CR's

Price aside, what's a better brake the Juicy Ultimates or Elixir CR's. The Ultimates are very high on the bling scale, but there are some bad reviews out there. Then again there a lot of good reviews as well. On the other hand the CR's get great reviews, I've never heard a single bad thing. Weight really isn't a concern to me. They're going on an 09 S-works Stumpy FSR build. I'm leaning toward the CR's, but every time I see the Ultimates I drool. I'm looking for some convincing arguements either way. I'm sure there are some out there.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

My bad

Ok, I'm the idiot that everyone loves that reposted an old post. My bad. I posted at work and the damn network there is slow as a mo-fo. I didn't have time to read the old posts.

That being said. I have read the old posts, and did see a few negatives on the CR's. That just makes the decision harder. I know both are great brakes. The bling factor and a decent assortment of good reviews make the Ultimates awfully tempting. The CR's on the other hand seem mechanically superior, and very easy to maintain with a little less bling. I still can't decide. Does anyone have a really good argument one way or the other, or any general feedback on me being an idiot?

mtbr member
    If you get the CR's make sure you order a longer rear hose too. I just put mine on last week and the hose is about two inches too short. The front was a bit to long too. However, I love them. I am using the same size rear rotor as before with my juicy 7's and I have way more modulation than before. I can now use my brake in turns without fear of locking and getting tossed. I can even late-brake now.

The pad changes on the cr can be done without removing the caliper too.