mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Juicy Switch from IS to Post Mount Fork

I recently tried to install my new Manitou Minute, which is a post mount fork. I assumed that to switch over my Juicy 5's I simply had to remove the old IS adapter (keeping the CS bolts) and bolt the caliper on directly. However, it seems that the bolts aren't long enough and that spacers will also be required. I am running 185mm rotors. Can I find proper bolts and spacers easily at an LBS? Or is this something I'm going to have to order?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab
    I recently tried to install my new Manitou Minute, which is a post mount fork. I assumed that to switch over my Juicy 5's I simply had to remove the old IS adapter (keeping the CS bolts) and bolt the caliper on directly. However, it seems that the bolts aren't long enough and that spacers will also be required. I am running 185mm rotors. Can I find proper bolts and spacers easily at an LBS? Or is this something I'm going to have to order?
    You need the 185 post mount bracket. Your LBS may or may not have it. It should come with the required bolts.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Is this something that is standardized among Avid calipers? In other words, is this same bracket used in the newer elixir calipers?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab
    Is this something that is standardized among Avid calipers? In other words, is this same bracket used in the newer elixir calipers?
    Yes
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common