mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Juicy Seven Installing Problems

Haveing only one bike sucks!!! When your bike needs work before you can ride, I feel manic trying to get stuff so I can ride again!

Anywho, I'm installing some sexy new Jucy 7s. The first problem I have is that I accidentally loosed the T10 bleed screw in the rear caliper instead of the 8mm(?) banjo bolt to adjust the angle of the break line coming in. I think I introduced air into the system so I am going to need to bleed the system. The rear brakes have no power and are squish. There was no DOT fluid that leaked so I was kinda surprised it was this bad. This makes since to the people that have worked on these breaks before?

The second thing is that for the front breaks an odd sounds is coming from the lever/master cyclinder. It not like the don't seem to work right so it's not a big problem, just and odd sound I don't think they should be making for the cost of these things. So what kinda sound? Its not a clicking or a rattle or grinding. It happens when the lever is released, kina squishy pistons lubey thing, maybe with some suction. (Trying to keep a PG Ratin here) Anyone had this noise with juciy's? Know what it is? and is it bad?

On a side note, this bike is a 2006 Gary Fisher and I didn't need an mounting adaptor for the cyclinder, I thought I might, but I didn't

Thanks!

Meh.
    Not sure about the sucking noise.

Definitely needs a bleed.