mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Juicy Carbon Break IN ?

Just got a new set of Juicy Carbons, and they feel kind of mushy, Ive read just about every thread regarding the adjustments and the different things that could be wrong .

Do these brakes have a break in period ?

...idios...
    Mushy most likely means that they need bleeding. Try adjusting the lever throw first to make sure that it's correct for your hands.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Calm Like a Bomb
    proper bedding period and a bleed would be a good idea...the avid factory bleed is poor
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Sounds like a bleed. Avid says they are "pre-bleed" but often times they need one. My front needed a bleed but my back brake is fine, so its really hit and miss

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had the shop install them, so you mean to tell me that they already come pre-assembled and all they do as slap them on the bike ?

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004
    Yeah it takes a few rides with some long fast downhills to break in the rotor/pads. At first brakes feel weak, with not much grab. So having to pull the levers harder because the pads/rotor are not broken in also contributes to the mushy feel.
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]