mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Juicy Carbon Break IN ?

Just got a new set of Juicy Carbons, and they feel kind of mushy, Ive read just about every thread regarding the adjustments and the different things that could be wrong .

Do these brakes have a break in period ?

...idios...
    Mushy most likely means that they need bleeding. Try adjusting the lever throw first to make sure that it's correct for your hands.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

Calm Like a Bomb
    proper bedding period and a bleed would be a good idea...the avid factory bleed is poor
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Sounds like a bleed. Avid says they are "pre-bleed" but often times they need one. My front needed a bleed but my back brake is fine, so its really hit and miss

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had the shop install them, so you mean to tell me that they already come pre-assembled and all they do as slap them on the bike ?

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004
    Yeah it takes a few rides with some long fast downhills to break in the rotor/pads. At first brakes feel weak, with not much grab. So having to pull the levers harder because the pads/rotor are not broken in also contributes to the mushy feel.
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]