mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Juicy Carbon Bleeding

Just bled (tried to anyway) the front on 07' Juicy Carbons. Got the air out of the syringe and then out of the caliper OK but when I tried to push the fluid back through the hose and lever it wouldn't go, not a drop. In fact i pushed the plunger hard enough that it leaked a bit around the syringe fitting. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sounds like one of two possibilities. Either the lever was still pulled back to the bar (it should be released after you bleed the caliper and before you bleed the hose) or one of the hose clamps was not released.

29 some of the time...
    An old video, but IMO it is actually more thorough than the most recent vids posted by SRAM. He mentions exactly where the engagement and reach adjustments should be during bleeding. Either that is your issue or you are still holding down the lever (yes, I have done that myself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mg6NbIjmOM
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    Bin the video.Get a full syringe of fluid at the caliper,no need to "de-gasthefluidloadofcrap"push the fluid to the reservoir,push back to caliper,push back to reservior...sytem flushed,job done.Worked on my juicy5s(bled once in 4 years)and on my new replacement(warranty) Utimate7s,been fine for 6 months.
    Why do Avid feel the need to complicate the process.