mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Juicy Brakes - Centerlock Wheels

If I have Juicy 7 brakes and a pair of wheels with centerlock hubs, can I use any sort of centerlock rotor from SRAM or Shimano or do I need to get an adapter and run my G2 rotors?

Thx

mtbr member
    Avid have recently released a centerlock G3 rotor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    With some Shimano discs, the arms of the aluminum carrier are long enough that they hit the tab of the inner Avid brake pad. This can still work if you cut off about 2/3 of the tab.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    you can get an adapter for your rotors, they have them at pricepoint.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Should have said I already knew that adapters were available. I've used the DT adapters and they work well. Used the Problem Solvers and they didn't work well.

Was hoping to find out if I could use either XTR rotors or the Avid G3 centerlock with the Juicy Brakes. Weight Weenie in me is leaning toward XTR even though I don't know how much the G3s weight.

Update - I saw the sticky
    http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/using-shimano-centerlock-any-other-rotors-another-brand-caliper-286460-2.html#post2931617
    and post 63 says I'll have to trim the pads to make the XTR works. Looks like I should go with G3 Centerlock or DT Adapters.

Anyone know how much the G3 Centerlock rotors weigh? I know what DT Adapters weigh, I know what my G2 Rotors weigh. Wondering if CL G3s plus lockring weighs less.
    Last edited by riding29; 09-25-2009 at 07:55 PM.