mtbr member

Juicy 7 - Wheel Locked & No Lever Travel

Title says it all. My rear wheel is locked tight by the brake caliper, and it's impossible to pull the brake lever in. Almost like the brake fluid has become pressurized in the system. Any idea what could cause this? Contaminated brake fluid? System was serviced regularly at lbs.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Sounds like the pistons will not retract. Google is your friend here.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Combo order- overfilled brake, old fluid. You are likely well overdue for a bleed.
    You are not what you own.

mtbr member
    We had this happen to a guy while on a ride. We fixed it by opening and closing the bleed port by the lever as fast as we could. A bit of fluid shot out, and the brake worked normally for the rest of the ride. We did a fluid change and bleed once we got back to the shop.
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club

sm4
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Brake lock up ,Fluid in the brake system was expanded ,the expand fluid take place going to caliper piston that result brake pad grip your rotor.
    The process doing pushing the piston back between pad with screw driver, hold the screw driver release fluid from pump ,if still cannot complete push the piston back next release fluid from caliper.
    During change new brake pad, Remain same fluid still expand repeat the process above for several time.
    Release it until maximum expended it will stop expend, this was right fluid to operating your brake system .

http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/acebrake add me as your friends.