mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Juicy 7 reservoir kits

After realizing that I have a bad reservoir seal in my J7's (stock on my 2005 Prophet 1000) I ordered a replacement reservoir kit from Chain Reaction Cycles (well 2 actually) but have to wait till end March till its in stock? Anyone know why such a long wait time? Could this be due ot huge demand because of this know issue of perishing reservior seals?
    This may force me to swap over to a different brake set as the bike is unrideable in its present condition (not so bad as it lets the SuperV get some air).

Thanks, TonyG

Meh.
    Go to your LBS and have them order it.

Both BTI and QBP have the parts in stock. Your shop should be using atleast one of them as a distributor.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyg
    After realizing that I have a bad reservoir seal in my J7's (stock on my 2005 Prophet 1000) I ordered a replacement reservoir kit from Chain Reaction Cycles (well 2 actually) but have to wait till end March till its in stock? Anyone know why such a long wait time? Could this be due ot huge demand because of this know issue of perishing reservior seals?
    This may force me to swap over to a different brake set as the bike is unrideable in its present condition (not so bad as it lets the SuperV get some air).

Thanks, TonyG
    are you talking about the master cylinder cover bladder? just get some of this to seal it and hold you over:

Permatex® Form-A-Gasket® No. 2 Sealant
    Slow-drying, non-hardening sealant designed for sealing cut gaskets and stamped parts. Allows for easy disassembly if required. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C); resists common shop fluids and fuels. Use where sealing is more important than adhesion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    cheers for the replies. Think I will try to source the kits elsewhere - sounds like I should be able to find these easy enough.