mtbr member

Juicy 7 rear caliper gets loose

My 07' Juicy 7 brakes gradually developed a weird problem. It seems the bolts that screw through and connect the rear caliper and adaptor get loose fairly easily. I have to adjust it everytime before I ride, but after 1 hour on the trail I can hear the pad scratching rotor because of loose bolts. My 08 juicy carbon never gave me this problem.

Any suggestions?

...idios...
    "Any suggestions?"

Tighten them correctly? That sounds facetious, I know, but these bolts shouldn't be working their way out if they start off being properly torqued. Do you have washers between the bolt and the frame?

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    not trying to be smart but are you torquing them to 70-90"lb? i tq mine to the high side and have never had a problem

mtbr member
    Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

The caliper was installed following factory instruction. All washers are there. I know my bike vibrates a lot on the FL rooty trails, but loose bolts are just beyond my imagination when I found out it's the culprit.

My cheap LX brakes come with black plastic locking rings which seem to help prevent bolts from getting loose. Maybe juicy systems should adopt this idea too.

...idios...
    You could try a medium threadlock, something like Loctite 242, although it just doesn't seem right; the bolts shouldn't be working loose. Have you tried different bolts?

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler