Founder: Dirty3hirties

Juicy 7 - Pad contac adjuster jammed?

I just got some Juicy's and had to cut the rear hose and bleed the system. Everything was pretty smooth. No issues with the bleed at all. However, I noticed that the dial doesn't turn at all anymore. I don't have the instructions with me but I know that before you bleed the brakes, you're supposed to turn the dial either all the way in or out. I know I did that step but am wondering if maybe I turned it the wrong way if this could have caused the problem. I doubt I did it wrong but if so, does anyone know how I should fix this? I rarely use the adjustment knob anyways (i already had Juicy's on the front and never fiddle with it), however, that doesn't mean that I want busted brakes

BTW: I followed the "revised" instructions in the bleed kit which seem to be old anyways because I don't have the slide cover on the master cylinder.....I have 08's and they were changed I guess.

Meh.
    The knob is held in by a c-clip at the bottom. Remove the clip and the knob, see if there is metal or dirt in the worm gear. Apply a light grease to the worm gear, reinsert, see if it frees up. It's possible that you just turned it a little too far.

I don't think my 04s had a slide cover either?

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    The knob is held in by a c-clip at the bottom. Remove the clip and the knob, see if there is metal or dirt in the worm gear. Apply a light grease to the worm gear, reinsert, see if it frees up. It's possible that you just turned it a little too far.

I don't think my 04s had a slide cover either?
    Yeah...i removed the c clip.....used a light....looked at the gear. Since it's brand new, everything looked fine. i even flipped the dial over, reinstalled it that way to see if i could turn it. Nada. I think it's busted..or jammed up really good. I think it may have to do with how I adjusted the dial pre-bleed. you're supposed to turn it all the way out but I'm sure I did that.