mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Juicy 7 lever replacement with Dangerboy

I have a set of Juicy 7's that I want to put Dangerboy levers on. Does anyone know:

1. If there is an online pdf file of the replacement instructions? There is nothing on the Dangerboy website.

2. The set screw in the Juicy 7 levers allows for reach adjustment, does the same set screw exist on the Dangerboy levers? I run my brakes extremely tight, and once the pads are adjusted, adjusting the set screw, put the levers right where I want them. Can I do the same thing with the Dangerboys?

Thanks,

Is flexy
    Use the pdf on the sram site for lever replacement. It confused me at first because the whole piston piece pulls out of the brake and stay attached to the lever unlike hayes. This might not make sense now but it will when you look at the pdf. It is kind of confusing so read it a few times and then it will make sense and the whole job take 20 min tops for both levers. You will also retain all adjustability that the oem levers had.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Meh.
    Adjusting the reach doesn't make the levers very tight... It just pushes the levers in or out... Thus reach. The red knob or amount of fluid in the system is what changes the throw of the lever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks.

I am going to pull the trigger (or in this case "lever") on these. Based on the pdf at SRAM, it doesn;t look to difficult. And if I get the same adjustability as the OEM levers, rock on.

Is flexy
    You will have the same adjustability but I think the juicy 7's feel a lot better with the dangerboy levers.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    You will have the same adjustability but I think the juicy 7's feel a lot better with the dangerboy levers.
    Agreed!!