Team Blindspot

Juicy 7 brake hose replacement ??

Just got a set of Juicy 7's off the classifieds. The Brake lines are too short, I will need to replace.

I have Goodrich lines and the Avid brake bleeding kit. I now need the procedure. I have looked at the tech info on their website, but it deals with shortening line and bleeding. How much different(if at all) is it to replace the hose and fill and bleed??

TIA
    Astigmatic Visionary

KITB
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Just got a set of Juicy 7's off the classifieds. The Brake lines are too short, I will need to replace.

I have Goodrich lines and the Avid brake bleeding kit. I now need the procedure. I have looked at the tech info on their website, but it deals with shortening line and bleeding. How much different(if at all) is it to replace the hose and fill and bleed??

TIA
    the only difference is that you have to connect the Goorich's to the caliper in addition to fiddling with the connection at the brake lever (i.e., when you shorten the hose, you do it at the brake lever - you pull the hose out, cut it, then reconnect to the brake lever - no messing with the attachment at the caliper).

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by KITB
    the only difference is that you have to connect the Goorich's to the caliper in addition to fiddling with the connection at the brake lever (i.e., when you shorten the hose, you do it at the brake lever - you pull the hose out, cut it, then reconnect to the brake lever - no messing with the attachment at the caliper).
    So in the process of bleeding , I will be filling the caliper / hose / res with brake fluid?

If I understand this, whenever you bleed the brakes, you are also replacing the brake fluid?
    Astigmatic Visionary

ups and downs
    Correct, with DOT brake fluid it likes to absorb water, so you don't reuse brake fluid.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Correct, with DOT brake fluid it likes to absorb water, so you don't reuse brake fluid.
    Thanks to both of you. My first hydro's. Now it is clear to me.
    Astigmatic Visionary

KITB
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Thanks to both of you. My first hydro's. Now it is clear to me.
    Wear some latex gloves and try not to get the fluid all over the place... it eats paint and the like.