Resident Texican

Juicy 5 Rotor Rubbing

I just got a new set of Juicy 5's for my bike, and decided to put them on the bike myself. I got the front rotor and calipers working perfectly, but nothing I do is getting rid of the rub on the rear rotor/calipers. I've tried reseating the pistons/pads as per the instructions maybe five or six times now. I've also tried using business cards as shims to give the rotor more room, but (although it worked on the front set) it hasn't had any effect on my rear set. Any ideas for something new I could try?
    F@%K! Where the hell did that tree come from?!

Cyclist of Borg
    do the '5s come with the tri align system?. i just got juicy 7s for my Jekyll and centering them was so easy. are you doing it right?
    loosen the bolts and pull the lever untill contact and then tighten the bolts and release the lever. they should be perfectly centered.
    Resistance is to high a gear.. i mean futile

Resident Texican
    Yeah, I followed the instructions right. Like I said, I managed to get the front rotor and calipers working perfectly by following the instructions. The Juicy 5's do have the Tri-Align CPS, too. Just eyeballing the difference between the two sets, it seems like the rear calipers have less clearance than my front calipers do.

The rotor isn't rubbing much, it's just barely perceptible. Maybe should I just try to let the pads break in first? I just put them on yesterday and haven't had a chance to ride with them yet.
    F@%K! Where the hell did that tree come from?!

Meh.
    Have you maxed out the side to side adjustment of the caliper? If so, you may need to shim either the adapter or rotor over. Any play in the hubs? or pivots if it is a FS?

Is it an intermittent rub? If so, the rotor may be warped. Some careful bending can solve that.

The rear calipers are the exact same as the front. If you are able to push the pistons all the way back into their bores, the system is not likely overfilled. But you can level the lever, open the bleed port on the lever, and reset the pistons. This will force out any excess fluid.