Equal opportunity meanie

Juicy 5 pulsing problem (yes, again)

Before anyone asks, I did a search, and did what I could to try and remedy this problem. My setup is this:

Avid Juicy 5's, whatever year was black and had the single bolt bar clamps. This issue is just with the front brake which is an 8" rotor (new, rode it yestrday only). The brakes are used and the EBay seller didn't include the rotor by accident so I had to get the new one. I see from the wear marks on the rotor that the pads were hitting the arms and overlapping onto them by about 3mm - I spaced it out correctly and the pulsing is still the same. I can see very dark almost "burns" on the problem area of the rotor which is about 1/5 of its rotation. This part of it's rotation will just about lock up no matter how lightly I'm touching the brakes. The pads are fairly new and worn evenly. I'm at somewhat of a loss of what to do. Any other suggestions? I'm going to measure the rotor thickness with a dial caliper in a few minues to see if it's way out of spec or something.

Thanks in advance!

Meh.
    Resurface the pads, maybe bevel them (as suggested in your other thread).

Equal opportunity meanie
    Called Avid today. They acted as if they had never been aware of the problem before....that's nice.

I resurfaced the pads and beveled them as well - it helped a little bit. I checked the thickness of the rotor at the problem area vs. elsewhere and it was .005" difference (.070" for the rest of the rotor vs. .075" in the pulse area) which would explain the lever feedback. Avid said they would send out a new rotor if I had a dealer send the old rotor back in, which leaves me brakeless for upwards of two weeks...

That being a brand new rotor really makes me question their quality control. Anyone have some Formula's for sale????