MC MasterShake

Juicy 5 Pads too tight

I'm having a problem with my rear Juicy 5's. The pads are too close causing a lot of drag. When I put it on the stand and look at it there is less than 1mm on each side. It probably would be ok if my rotor were 100% true but it's not and never will be. My front brakes have about 1.5 to 2mm on each side I have no pad rub even with some rotor bend.

I've tried re-bleeding the brakes and that hasn't done anything. I've also tried forcing the pads apart with a flathead screwdriver. This seems to work for awhile but after about an hour of riding the pads are back to dragging just like before. How do I get the pads to seperate more?

TSAFF
    Dec 2007
    Seems to me like you have air in lines still. If the rotor is got a warp in it that can be fix with a little patients. Park tools has a great tool for that or you can use a wrench. U said you have tried to use a screw driver to open them up try to use something with more surface like a buck knife or something like that.

Meh.
    You may have air in the lines or the system may be overfilled.

Level out the lever, open the bleed port on the lever, push the pistons back into their bores. This will force out any excess fluid.

MC MasterShake
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll try pushing out fluid first, if that doesn't work I'll bleed it again.