mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Juicy 5 adjustments

I have a set of Juicy Fives on my Ibis and they need so be adjusted to they grab the rotor faster. I have to pull the levers way too much before they make contact wth the rotors. The pads are brand new actually so that's not the problem and I can' tseem to find any way to make the pads closer to the rotor. Do I actually need to bleed them to do this adjusting?

thx!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnj
    I have a set of Juicy Fives on my Ibis and they need so be adjusted to they grab the rotor faster. I have to pull the levers way too much before they make contact wth the rotors. The pads are brand new actually so that's not the problem and I can' tseem to find any way to make the pads closer to the rotor. Do I actually need to bleed them to do this adjusting?

thx!
    No need to bleed them, If I need to get a bit faster engagment I take the wheel off, pump the brake once or twice and pop the wheel back on. That usually closes the gap quite a bit. If you pump the pistons out of the bore too much then simply spread them out with a screwdriver with a towel on it. Oh make sure your caliper is aligned while you're at it.

That may not be the most correct way of doing but its always worked for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    There ya go! that did it. Thanks much! This is my first set without cables. So I didn't realize you could do that. Thanks again.