mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Juicy 3s to Elixir Rs, what to expect?

ive been very lucky with my sets of juicy 3s. except for one instance of swelled seals on one lever, theyve been trouble free. they provide more than enough power, no problem with noise except for the first break in, never really wanted for anything more.

i recently bought some take off parts from another cyclist and was handed a set of elixir r's for free. i resisted putting them on for a while but finally gave in last saturday.

will it be an improvement? will there be better modulation?

if i find that it is an improvement, im thinking i might upgrade to better units. i just wanna experience the difference for myself.

LightJunction.com
    I've used both units myself. I found that the Elixir Rs have more braking power and a more solid feel. The Juicy 3s have better modulation. Adjustability is about the same. That's my .02 anyway. Take a spin on them and see what you think.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lightjunction View Post
    I've used both units myself. I found that the Elixir Rs have more braking power and a more solid feel. The Juicy 3s have better modulation. Adjustability is about the same. That's my .02 anyway. Take a spin on them and see what you think.
    Yes and imo Elixirs are light years ahead of Juicy...more power, better solid feel and more adjustable. Bleeding Avids sucks though.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...