mtbr member
    Sep 2009

juicy 3 grinding and vibrating. tried to fix now worse.

ok, so i did a search and couldnt find anything. ive seen threads where people say that their avids grind and vibrate, or howl super loud. My juicy 3s had been grinding ever since the day after i bought my bike, which has been like a week kand a half now. i havent taken it in to my LBS because i thought id just ride it and see if they would "break in" or whatever because i saw some guys said that worked for them. tonight i was bored in the garage after my ride, so i decided to pull my caliper off and see if maybe there was just a bunch of dirt or a tiny rock or something. couldnt find anything, but i just folded a paper towel in half and slid it through there to maybe grab some debris out of there. put it back on and tested it out. now, they howl super loud, grind and vibrate like crazy, and barely work. what did i do? i assumed this wouldnt be a hard task because i do brake jobs on my cars and snowmobile....but i dont know what i did here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Alright well I cruised it around the blok using the breaks often and now they are fine. Still grinding and vibrating tho.... Guess it's off to the LBS

mtbr member
    You seriously need to write more clearly. Grammatical and spelling rules are there for a reason. You're too sloppy it's a mess trying to figure out what the hell you did. For example, you weren't very clear on by taking the caliper off, you meant off the bike or off the line. If you didn't take it off the line, the initial "didn't" work might just have been caused by you pushing the pistons back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for your help dick. As I said I fixed it so you don't need to voice your opinion.

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightridr32
    Thanks for your help dick. As I said I fixed it so you don't need to voice your opinion.
    There's no need to get defensive, and certainly no need for flaming. Your OP is a request for assistance and the very least you can do is make it legible. Even if you can't write with good grammar/spelling, at least try using paragraphs. A stream of consciousness may be easy for you to write, but it's generally the very worst way to express precisely the help you need.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I cant believe you would take the time to complain about someones grammar. Who cares if he didn't spell it right. Ill agree with Midnights comments!!!!!

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by k6monster
    I cant (sic) believe you would take the time to complain about someones (sic) grammar. Who cares if he didn't spell it right (sic).(sic) Ill (sic) agree with Midnights (sic) comments!!!!!
    I can't believe you'd take the time to complain about somebody taking the time to complain.

Diogenes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Could someone point me in the direction of MTBR rules page where it talks about grammatical and spelling rules? sorry guys, i thought this was just a forum, not grammar class. If you can't understand what i was saying then dont try to help me. besides, no one obviously cares to help anyways, you just want to talk down to me because i didnt take time to proof read my post(which i never do). I was in a hurry in between flipping my steaks on the grill, and messing with my bike.
    Yes, i pulled the caliper off the bike, I did not pull the brake line off the caliper to see if there was magically some dirt or a small rock in there. Like I said though, I rode my bike around the block and the brakes sorta fixed themselves. they still grind and vibrate, but they work fine, and dont howl super loud. I hope that i am writing properly so you can understand me clearly and dont have to make fun of me.

GO RIDE!!

mtbr member
    Looks like the OP needs to learn that he should communicate more clearly, loose the defensiveness, understand the limits of his wrenching capabilities and not begin a 2nd thread regarding the same matter. His first thread on this matter is at: Juicy 3's makin some weird noises

To the OP: I previously suggested that you communicate with your LBS regarding this matter. Now that you have decided to perform surgery on your bike I suspect that they will be unlikely to assist you as my LBS did with my Juicy 3 issue.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Nice group of people we have on this forum!

All I did was took the caliper off the bike and inspected it for debris. If the LBS says that I messed it up, that's BS. And I made a second post, because after removing and reinstalling the caliper, it started howling very loud, and didn't really stop the bike at all. I don't understand why so many people have to rip on me here. If you're not going to help me, don't just post **** on here to make me feel like a dumb piece of ****!

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightridr32
    Nice group of people we ave on this forum!
    It's good of you to acknowledge it.

Diogenes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Awesome. Thanks guys. I hope to be of assistance to you some day, although I don't know anything about anything.

mtbr member
    Some guys just can't help being choads, it's easy to be a pompous a**hole when your anonymous. Don't pay any attention to them. Generally people are very helpful on this site.
    As far as your brake question, there definitely is a break in period, usually a few good rides will do it. Heating the pads and rotors together helps them 'mate' together. Be sure to check that the rotors and calipers are tight and clean with isopropyl alcohol.
    Hope that helps...
    I can see myself wrecking and ruining but I can't stop myself...

mtbr member
    Maybe the op should proof read and solve the issue that people are having with him.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The issue may because of improper caliper alignment. Loosen up the caliper mounting bolts, then squeeze the brake lever hard while tightening the bolts. This should align the caliper to the rotor and help fix some of the noise issues.

Members who have read this thread: 0