~I Ride In Circles ~

Jagwire ripcords..

How similar are Jagwire Ripcords to Avid Flak Jackets? They seem pretty damn close in what they describe on the web sites. I need to get a new cable set for my new frame.. (A warranty replacement for the one I just cracked). I want a good cable system that isn't crazy expensive. I figure the Jagwire Ripcords will run me about $40 for the brake and gear cables. Simple is good and performance is even better.

How well do the Ripcords work?
    They worth it?

On a side note: If possible I want to run full length housing for my gear cables too.. I know it's not the drivetrain forum but does anyone know if the Ripcords are full length for gear cables?
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

bang
    the new version of the ripcords are the same as the flak jackets. if you wanted to run the gear housing full-length, you would only have enough housing to do the rear derailer with little or nothing left over. due to the semi-sealed design, running full-length housing would be unnecessary.

I Love my Rize

I Love'em

I have Ripchords on both my brakes and derailleurs and love them to death. They are slick as a goose on a slimey pond. Both systems are compressionless housings and very sealed. There is a new guy on the block that I think might be great stuff as they look like a RIpchord clone. Here check them out. They are way cheaper also.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/157...-Cable-Kit.htm
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

Wanderer
    I *just* stuck the super fortress stuff on my bike (I liked the price). I did it all, shifters and brakes.

I havn't had a chance to do a real ride on them yet but just from cruising around the neighborhood they seem fine.

Its not enough to do full housing for sure tho.

I Love my Rize

Don't really need full housing's

Their sealing system is looks great kinda like Ripchords and I can vouch for the Ripchords sealing which is outstanding. Since they are Kevlar I use them to deflect bullets when I ride through the "hood"
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

~I Ride In Circles ~
    Well I just ordered my new wheelset.. Azonic Outlaws 135mm in white. They should match my new KHS XC604 frame nicely when everything arrives.

I managed to salvage my old cables from my broken frame but I noticed my brake cable had some kinks in it and my flakjacket gear cables had a few broken tips. I'll try the Alligator system out and see how they work.. I'll post sometime in the future if I like them!
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]