Lover, not a fighter...
    Dec 2006

Jagwire Red Zone Pads for BB7

I was wondering if anyone is using these for their BB7s yet and had any thoughts. I'll be using them with either Hope, buzzsaw floating rotors or Alligator serrated rotors:

http://www.treefortbikes.com/425_333...cy-Series.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

My other ride is your mom
    I use the red zones for some juicy 7's and IMO, they feel soft compared to other metal pads. I suspect that they use the same compound for the BB's...

Lover, not a fighter...
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I use the red zones for some juicy 7's and IMO, they feel soft compared to other metal pads. I suspect that they use the same compound for the BB's...
    How are they for noise and wear/longevity? What rotors are you using with them? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    You may have to modify the avid calipers and the pads a little to run the hope floating rotors. The tabs on the bottom of the pads for installation and removal need to be cut off with a dremel or similar tool. When they are new there are no issues but as the pads wear it is possible near the end of pad life for the pad tabs to strike the rivets on the floating rotors causing all kinds of ugliness. The mounting lower tab on the caliper also has been know to have interference issues with the rivets and need a little work with the dremel to make them work correctly.