banned
    Nov 2007

I'm sold on shimano lx after reading the post,what do I need for set up on a new pair

I'm going with lx,I have the levers and I need to purachse the cals.,lines and rotors.I have a friend that can place an order with qbp.Please pass on any tools,extra parts,ect that I will need to get me through the next season or two.I'd rather load up on any back up parts now,also any links for bleeding ,(I'm comeing off v brakes) would help.
    Also,I'm going with bb7(already purchased ) on anther bike,can I use xtr cable's with the bb7 and I was checking out the lower budget jagwire L3 houseing.Its half the price of shimano. I'm a mid lever xc rider,noting to radical,no huge downhilling...please pass on any info...
    many thx...peace

Meh.
    Razor blade, a couple of fittings (I believe that you need a compression nut, an olive, and a barb for each end), pads, bottle of Shimano Mineral Oil.

Bleeding is very easy. Bleed it just like you would a car. Make sure the lever is above the caliper (you may want to unbolt and hang the rear caliper directly below the lever). Remove the reservoir. Top it off with fluid. Make sure the spacer block is in the caliper. Attach a length of clear plastic tubing to the bleed nipple and run it to a catch. Squeeze the lever, open the bleed nipple on the lever, close the nipple, release the lever. Repeat until you see no more bubbles coming out the hose and you have a nice solid feel. Top off the resi before it runs dry (probably after a couple cycles). Top off after you're all done, replace the diaphragm and the resi cap.

You can also bleed by filling a big syringe with fluid, attach it to the caliper and just push fluid through. You may want to have a partner to keep an eye on the reservoir and suck up excess fluid before it overflows. And then you draw a slight vacuum to get any bubbles out the caliper. Top off the resi as before and close everything up.

Tapping the caliper and lines with the plastic end of the screwdriver can help dislodge any stubborn bubbles.

banned
    Nov 2007
    xsl..thx for the info,whats your call call on the cable and houseing for the bb7

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ERCAT
    xsl..thx for the info,whats your call call on the cable and houseing for the bb7
    Huh?

banned
    Nov 2007
    I also so purcahse a set of avid bb 7 for another bike,what is the best cable and houseing set up for the bb7