Nat
    Solo contendre

I'm looking for a Hayes adapter

Does anyone make an adapter that will allow me to use current brakes on the old Hayes type frame mount? I think it was called the Hayes 22mm mount or something like that.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Does anyone make an adapter that will allow me to use current brakes on the old Hayes type frame mount? I think it was called the Hayes 22mm mount or something like that.

Hayes does make this adapter. Your bike shop can order it from QBP. #BR3958
    Last edited by ssmike; 08-19-2006 at 07:51 AM.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    Hayes does make this adapter. Your bike shop can order it from QBP. #BR3958
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Actually, that adaptor is so that you can use a 22mm hayes brake with an IS frame. The 2 bolt holes on the 22mm side wouldn't be threaded if it were the other way around. Actually, non of the holes would be. I've looked into this before and have not been able to find an adaptor that lets you use IS brakes with a 22mm hayes mount frame.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by lastminutebastrd
    Actually, that adaptor is so that you can use a 22mm hayes brake with an IS frame. The 2 bolt holes on the 22mm side wouldn't be threaded if it were the other way around. Actually, non of the holes would be. I've looked into this before and have not been able to find an adaptor that lets you use IS brakes with a 22mm hayes mount frame.
    Uh oh, back to square one.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Uh oh, back to square one.
    Sorry for the bad advice. I actually have one of those parts and was looking at it later yesterday wondering too how it would fit because of the threaded 22mm mounting holes.

If you have H ayes calipers, you could buy just the new 22mm caliper. Might be the only solution.

mtbr member
    Will be the only solution. From what I've heard, the adaptor was too complex to make, required a custom rotor, and had a tendancy to snap the chainstay. Some companies tried it a few years ago and it just didn't work out.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    Sorry for the bad advice. I actually have one of those parts and was looking at it later yesterday wondering too how it would fit because of the threaded 22mm mounting holes.

If you have H ayes calipers, you could buy just the new 22mm caliper. Might be the only solution.
    Don't worry about it. Having to use only a Hayes brake is what I was trying to avoid. I'd like to try a different brand, so I guess I'll have to just buy a new bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

DiscBrakeAdapters

Don't worry about it. Having to use only a Hayes brake is what I was trying to avoid. I'd like to try a different brand, so I guess I'll have to just buy a new bike.
    We have the adapter you are looking for, the AD-PMR. You have to use a 180mm or 185mm rotor with it, and depending on the space between your chainstay and seatstay, may have to use a smaller hydraulic brake like Hope or Magura. I try not to post blatant ads for our products, but you do not have to buy a new bike. You can order it online from our website. www.discbrakeadapters.com

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscBrakeAdapters
    We have the adapter you are looking for, the AD-PMR. You have to use a 180mm or 185mm rotor with it, and depending on the space between your chainstay and seatstay, may have to use a smaller hydraulic brake like Hope or Magura. I try not to post blatant ads for our products, but you do not have to buy a new bike. You can order it online from our website. www.discbrakeadapters.com
    Perfect! Thank you very much, I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    well look at that! I'll keep you guys in mind next time I have a customer in the same dilema.