Thread: i'm an idiot

mtbr member
    May 2009

i'm an idiot

i cut the front brake line too short and now i'll need a replacement. it's long enough to reach but not enough slack to make smooth turns around the fork brace or to the lever.

so.... anyone know the part number for this hyflow hose for the m785?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Google my friend....Google
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vqdriver View Post
    i cut the front brake line too short and now i'll need a replacement. it's long enough to reach but not enough slack to make smooth turns around the fork brace or to the lever.

so.... anyone know the part number for this hyflow hose for the m785?
    Universal Cycles -- Jagwire Hyflow Quick Fit Kits they have a jagwire quickfit kit listed for the m785

Universal Cycles -- Jagwire Universal HyFlow Hose Kits

not sure if factory shimano replacement would be cheaper though...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That's just a mistake, not idiotic. An idiot would ask which shorter fork to get so the short brake line will work!

The brake pdf's at shimano lists the hose part numbers.

29er
    Apr 2010
    bh90 sb

Dissolved member
    Do not get one of them cheap BH90 hoses from ebay Asia. The early batches were notorious for their leaking problems and there is a risk you will get one of the bad ones. Mine leaked (got it from Thailand a few months ago). They cannot be repaired when leaking, they have to be replaced. I ended up buying an XTR banjo and a cheap regular Shimano hose BH 59, that combo is serviceable.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rlouder View Post
    . An idiot would ask which shorter fork to get so the short brake line will work!
    HA! that's funny

so i think i've got a workaround over the weekend. i figured i had nothing to lose by trying a spacer from below the stem to over it. i only gained a cm but it was enough for some breathing room with the hose. these hoses are fairly inflexible so that extra cm was surprisingly effective. still not ideal, but at least it's not on the rear where i'd pull/push on it each time i turn. my fit on the bike remains fine.