Religion = Non-thinking

if i get a bike that comes with Juicy 3's, what do i need to ugpgrade to Juicy 5/7's?

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...009&spid=39223

lets say i get that bike, can i just upgrade the calipers? or do i need to change out the brake lever, brake lines, rotor also?

can someone link me to the stuff i need (lets say for Juicy 5's) to replace on that bike?
    RH SL Pro

Ride Responsibly
    Contact the dealer before you buy, ask for the price to upgrade, cheaper than you doing it after the purchase.

Spice
    Dec 2008
    arnt the calipers the same?
    you'd just want to change the reservoir/lever part, which has different amounts of adjustability depending on what model you want
    and a bleed kit would be a good idea

Meh.
    Calipers are very different.

The levers are more similar. The big difference is that the lever does not have the "breakaway" feature. This allows the lever to hyperextend outwards in the event of a crash. It helps prevent and isolate damage.

The Juicy 5 has no more adjustability than the 3, they both have reach. The 7 can adjust the lever throw.

A bleed kit is a necessity.

You'll need a hose too. As the hose connects to the caliper differently between the 3 and the 5/7/Carbon. The 5/7/Carbon uses a banjo.

Please either remove the spam from your signature or purchase a ad from MTBR.