Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Id these brakes

746 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  summitlt 
#1 ·
Ive had these for a while and I got them from a garagle sale.

The say "avid" on one arm and "1d" on the other. I think they are what peopel call "avid Signle digits" but I dont have a clue.

Just curious what they are and what they cost.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They are avid single digits, but it's hard to tell which model from the picture and description.

They could be Avid SD10s, of which I have a set, and they work fairly well. They could also be SD3s, which were usually found oem on some upper end mountain bikes, and though they work, I seem to recall some people complaining about a lack of power due to flex.

I think you'll need to pick up a brake noodle from somewhere... bike shop, something, unless you're swapping em in for an existing V brake with a noodle already on it.

#3 ·
summitlt said:
Ive had these for a while and I got them from a garagle sale.

The say "avid" on one arm and "1d" on the other. I think they are what peopel call "avid Signle digits" but I dont have a clue.

Just curious what they are and what they cost.
Looks like the SD2.0 brakes. Brakes work fine but there isn't a tension adjustment screw. You have to tune by turning the square pieces around the bolts. Kind of a pain.

#4 ·
They work pretty good, I was going to put them on my bike, bu then remmebered the days of messing with the weird tension adjustment. Plus mine seem to work ok, might just throw em on there anyway...

Decisions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.