Huckin' trails

I think I need beefier rotor

Because my Hayes V-8 never stay straight at all... I had it straight, then realign the caliper, cleaned pads and rotor, and when I got back from AM riding, the rear rotor was waving around again... Not really causing any performance problem, but it's annoying...

I've heard that 203mm rotor have are easy to warp, and that running 2 parts rotor can help reducing the effect by having a stiffer carrier...

For IS 6 Bolts, what in 203mm that has similar braking surface as the Hayes V-8, in 2 part assembly is available ?

I'm not looking at spending more then $30 on it and weight is not a concern. Durability is first.

Thanks,

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    We run a solid 203 Avid rotor on the back of our tandem. Used the same one for 3 years now. No issues, and it gets a lot more use on a tandem. So it might not be the construction type that's your issue.

Would also be surprised if you can find a 2-piece 203mm rotor for <$30.

Huckin' trails
    I also have a G2 203mm rotor, and paired with a BB7 MTB, its doing fine. A little bit of warp has develop in the rotor, but I've been putting it trough some urban abuse, so I'm pretty happy with it.

For the Hayes rotor, I had it thru and after some trail riding, the rotor was warping bad... Maybe its the rotor itself that has too much fatigue and I just change it ?

I will see about switching both rotors and see if the hayes caliper is doing anything to the Avid G2 rotor... Then I will be set on which is the cause, the caliper or rotor...

Thanks,

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!