mtbr member
    Feb 2005

I never knew I could use my post mount on IS forks!!!!!

I've had a set of Hope brakes with postmount front calliper and I've had them in a box for two years waiting for the next time I change forks from IS to post mount.

Well I found out you buy one of these so apart from a little 30g adapter which isn't much I can now fit my stealth brakes.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=13732
    Does anyone know of any disadvantages of using this adapter or is it only a weight penalty? It means I can just take out the adapter when my fox talas 05 fails and I buy a new postmount fox fork.

Man I didn't know, you could use either.

mtbr member
    No problems at all. People do this all the time.

Think about rear calipers. There are a ton of PM rear calipers, but have you ever seen a PM frame?

What could go wrong ...
    I think you might see more PM frames soon enough
    http://www.salsacycles.com/ek08.html my Fav atm
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

I AM I AM
    Lol. Isn't it great when you learn such a simple thing!!! Kind of like when I first realized I could just easily take the seat clamp off!

I've got shimano brakes which are post mount, so they come (or are purhcased with) the adapters from new. I think that helped me understand the whole post mount / IS mount thing straight up. So when I recently switched forks from IS to post it was like "ohh good I can just take the little adaper off!".

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    most brakes come with them (assuming you order them for IS)... although i'm not sure why seems the bolts would be stronger in tension then they would in sheer... but it's the way most of the industry went
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie