~ B A D A S S ~

I needz a new juicy 7 caliper

So I just traded my shimanos for some juicy 7s and one caliper is missing unfortunately, but these brakes have a track record of working for many years so I thought I should get them running again.

I need a juicy 7 caliper OR any other caliper that will work with this brake. Preferably something from the era before the elixir **** was rolled out.

does anyone know what will work with this master? Preferably older stuff.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    I thought the only change between the Juicy 5 and 7's is the lever. I'm not sure about the 3 or 3.5. I know the 3's attached to the caliper differently but not sure if it mattered in function with a Juicy 7 lever. Its usually easier and cheaper to buy a whole set than just a caliper these days. GL.

mtbr member
    OP, get yourself some old Code caliper...Juicy Codes are pretty friggin' powerful!
    Elixir calipers are pretty decent. Their MC...not so much. I've matched a Juicy Carbon to an Elixir CR caliper and it's pretty solid and powerful for an XC setup.

Edit: other than another Juicy caliper, you'll need a new hose w/ the proper fitting...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    OP, get yourself some old Code caliper...Juicy Codes are pretty friggin' powerful!
    Elixir calipers are pretty decent. Their MC...not so much. I've matched a Juicy Carbon to an Elixir CR caliper and it's pretty solid and powerful for an XC setup.

Edit: other than another Juicy caliper, you'll need a new hose w/ the proper fitting...
    So all elixir calipers works with the juicy levers? Then I'll just get one of those. Formula and Haope also runs dot in the brakes and I'm thinking of trying one of those too. But then I need some confirmation it would work before.

I mean yeah Any caliper would probably work but if its made for the same pressure/flow as the lever its preferable I think.
    Hope and formula actually has spares, a caliper is a spare. Looking at the sram site I find no spares whatsoever, go figure.

These juicy 7 ultimate levers will also need new o-rings and such (if its worth doing its worth doing right, right..) Does anyone know whre to get these orings and whatever these levers need to perform as new.

I repair hydraulic systems all day long at work but not stuff this tiny.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.