theHeadlessThompsonGunner

I just got some EBC Golds...

for my Avid Mechs. Is there anything I should do to prep them? I've gotten used to torching my brake pads pretty frequently; should I do that with these before installignt hem? And, whatever the case, how long is the break-in period? Anything I should do to speed it up? Thanks! S
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    for my Avid Mechs. Is there anything I should do to prep them? I've gotten used to torching my brake pads pretty frequently; should I do that with these before installignt hem? And, whatever the case, how long is the break-in period? Anything I should do to speed it up? Thanks! S
    the ebc's i've had have been great out of the box. Little break in peroid with the red compounds i had on my xt discs.

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004

Hey - I've just got back from the shop with some of those. The guy in the shop told me that I would crack my discs if I used them offroad!

Didn't believe him - he's normally full of crap (as is the shop), but I thought I'd do a search on Brake Time to see the score is.
    Wibble

Cracked discs as a result of 'offroad' use of EBC gold pads? What the f*ck did he think you were going to use them for? Well, I don't need to install mine quite yet, but let me know if you've any problems with the break in on yours...or if your discs spontaneously combust!

Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb
    Hey - I've just got back from the shop with some of those. The guy in the shop told me that I would crack my discs if I used them offroad!

Didn't believe him - he's normally full of crap (as is the shop), but I thought I'd do a search on Brake Time to see the score is.

-The Good Doctor

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Just put them in, readjust the clearance and ride. Pretty good right away and even better after the first longish DH. The Golds are basically all I have used for the past 2 years.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb

Yup, he is full of it. There is no problem using the Golds with Avid discs. My favorite pad for more than 2 years.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Sweet! Thanks Shig.

-The Good Doctor