Make some music
    Sep 2004

Hydraulic hose culprit?

Just can't get the power in the front brake like I used to have. XTR's. Changed the pads (metallic) and rotors, sysetm bleed. This isn't my first pad change and in the past the system has worked well. Lever feel is good, it just doesn't have the power it used to.

It seemed to start after washing down the calipers and pads with bicycle brake cleaner. The rear brakes came back fine, but not the front. That's when I went for the new pads and rotors (which) were plenty worn.

The bike was bought new at the end of '05 and gets plenty of use.

Does anybody have any 'sperience with the hydraulic hose being an issue. (I've inspected it for damage and there is nothing jumping out at me.) Also there is no fluid loss.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

Meh.
    Have the pads been properly bedded?

Commit or eat sh!t
    Hoses could make a big difference. Maybe something caused the inner lining to be defective.

You might think about upgrading to Goodridge lines. Supposedly the best. They have kits for Shimano.

http://www.goodridge.net/usa/mountainbike.htm

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    sounds like contamination, you added new pads (which need to be broken in) could the rotor be dirty?
    also what about the adjustment of the caliper?

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Mechanical alignment is spiff.

It feeeelz like contamination... After I did a search on cleaning the pads and have baked the pads to a cherry red, but not overdoing it. I'm not gonna jump on the hose change just yet. '05 just isn't that old.

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Todays result...

Well the pad bake-off did the trick. No need to mess w/ the hose. I definitely was thrown for a curve w/ the new parts and not thinking the pads were somehow contaminated. Front brakes are back to normal and we're all smiles.

Thanks for the input folks.