mtbr member
    Oct 2006

hydraulic brakes

hey guys.
    i have a 06 p2.....i havent realy taken it for a good ride yet only around my front yard and down the street a couple of times..........
    i have noticed that the rear brakes dont brake hard enough....the lever presses right to the bars and the rear wheel doesnt lock up.....i can hear the disc pad rubbing against the rotor but its not stopping me quick enough.......does this sound as though i need to bleed the brakes......i only had it 1-2 weeks and if they need bleeding ill just take it back to the store i bought it from.........

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

...idios...
    If the lever pulls right to the bars it sound slike the system could do with a bleed. Remember that disc brakes take time to 'bed' in, so, depending on how you're riding, it may take a few rides before they're at their best.
    Peace,
    Steve

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yeah im pulling as far as it will go and it dont lock ujp at all....all i can hear is the brake pads grinding on the disc..........

im gonn ring the shop i bougtht it from on monday and get them to fix it...

thanx for the response.

Meh.
    You won't get full braking performance until the pads/rotors bed in.

If the lever is squishy, you need a bleed. But it pulling to the bars does not neccesarily means it requires a bleed. It could just need the reach adjusted (or something along those lines).