mtbr member
    Jan 2004

howling juicy sevens

I have a pr of juicy sevens that I can't get to stop howling.I have tried everything I know of.Please any help?

himom!
    Apr 2006

TNC
    noMAD man
    I see your comment, "tried everything". Have you tried a pair of Jagwire metallic pads with alloy backing? I can't say if it was the pad compound or the backing material that stopped my Elixir and Juicy "turkey gobble"...but it stopped. I know others tried organic versions and had the same success. This has been an interesting issue, and it obviously doesn't pop up in all Juicy's or Elixir's...but when it does, something sensitive in a given caliper seems to respond to a change from the OEM pads. Harmonic anomaly, caliper manufacturing tolerance, or what? I don't know...and I don't think anyone else knows exactly. I just know that in two separate instances with two separate model of Avid brakes swapped between three bikes, two specific calipers among six had the turkey gobble present. After trying "nearly everything" known to me to alleviate it, a simple swap to a different pad compound and backing material ended it...and it's stayed gone ever since.

mtbr member
    What rotor are you running