mtbr member
    Jan 2006

How to solve POST to IS magura problem?

Just upgrade the fork from IS 51mm to post mount fork. And my Magura Marta is I.S. 51mm mount 160mm rotor, which does not work. I need either the post caliper or somehow do the conversion. I am using 160mm rotor and would like to keep it that way.

I know one can go with post to i.s. adapter from magura but has to upgrade rotor to 180mm. Anyone was able to solve this problem and stay with the current rotor size of 160mm.

Many thanks for your advice..

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride_2_Fast
    Just upgrade the fork from IS 51mm to post mount fork. And my Magura Marta is I.S. 51mm mount 160mm rotor, which does not work. I need either the post caliper or somehow do the conversion. I am using 160mm rotor and would like to keep it that way.

I know one can go with post to i.s. adapter from magura but has to upgrade rotor to 180mm. Anyone was able to solve this problem and stay with the current rotor size of 160mm.

Pretty sure you'll have to jump a rotor size to 180. No bad thing in my book as long as your fork is rated for 7" rotors.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride_2_Fast

You can either:
    1. Keep your rotor and get a new caliper.
    2. Keep your caliper and get a new larger rotor.

Those are your options - choose wisely.

I say a larger brake never hurts, YMMV.

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    You can either:
    1. Keep your rotor and get a new caliper.
    2. Keep your caliper and get a new larger rotor.

Those are your options - choose wisely.

I say a larger brake never hurts, YMMV.
    Agreed. Probably the cheaper of the 2 options also.