mtbr member

How to replace elixir cr brake lever

So, i cracked my rear brake lever and just got a new set of levers to replace the broken one with. I believe that you just unscrew the super tiny silver allen screw on the inner side of the lever? How exactly do i replace the lever?

Thanks

Habitual Line Stepper
    May 2009
    I just had to do this last month. I was going to search for instrutions but I ended up winging it and it wasn't too hard.
    From memory:
    -There is a small screw on the round reach adjuster nut. Remove this screw carefully, there is a small spring which is going to come out. Notice the orientation of the adjuster nut for reassembly.
    - Once the screw is removed you should be able to slide the level assembly away from the master cylinder. You may have to wiggle the lever to disengage the upper and lower tabs that set the reach limits.
    - Resaamble the new lever taking note to install the reach adj knob the correct way

You shouldn't need to mess with the allen screws on the inner portion of the level IIRC. It's a pretty simple proccess once you get that screw off the reach adj knob. This is just from memory so sorry if it's a bit vague but it's not very hard to do. Just make sure you take note of the way he tool free reach adj hardeware goes when taking everything apart.