The Riddler

How much rub is too much rub??

Okay so I lied, my XTRs seem to be working, slightly. They still rub and the pistons still stick, but the wheel doesn't come to a halt immiediatly like it did before. The wheel rotates fine and for a regular period of time and it doesnt stop as if the pads were stopping it (when trying to do so on its own, not w. lever), but it is rubbing the whole time. I am wondering if despite the fact that it rotates well, the rubbing is still an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Anytime. Anywhere.

Imo

Brakes shouldn't rub, period. Is it slowing you down? Probably not. Is it bothering you that you paid a whack of $ for brakes that rub? If it didn't I doubt that you'd be posting about it. If they were mine I'd get them fixed under the warranty.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    Okay so I lied, my XTRs seem to be working, slightly. They still rub and the pistons still stick, but the wheel doesn't come to a halt immiediatly like it did before. The wheel rotates fine and for a regular period of time and it doesnt stop as if the pads were stopping it (when trying to do so on its own, not w. lever), but it is rubbing the whole time. I am wondering if despite the fact that it rotates well, the rubbing is still an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    IF its a consistent rub, as in you can hear it rubbing 360degrees of the time, then chances are it needs a good adjustment (possibly re shimmed)