mtbr member
    Sep 2008

How to make Avid Exilir CR lever tighter ?

Hi,

I'm not talking about the squeezing the lever, but when finger is not on the lever, it slips forward at the allowance range whenever i hit the trails.

Is there a way to tighten the lever at non-engaging mode ?

Tool
    I believe when it does this there's a part in the lever that's jumped the shark. I never tired to fix mine when it started doing this after a crash - I just put a rubber band around the bar and base of the lever and never gave it a second thought. Not pretty, but perfectly functional.

Good luck,
    Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Does it feel like the internal return spring (the one in the taperbore) isn't pushing the piston back all the way or is it play after the piston is fully retracted? If it has some play you will need a internals rebuild. Then the next one would be, is the spring that controls the reach adjustment in place still? If not you may need new reach parts, I haven't had to replace these ever, only the internals.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have no problem with the piston and all the adjustable controls are in place. one of my pal said he used a clamper to press the lever joint to issue to solve. Is it true ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    In the end, I used those ugly red rubber band to fix it .... is time to look for black color rubber band