squirrellyrabbit

New question here. How to install Razor Rock lever-blades on Hayes levers?

I found a pair of Razor Rock stiffy lever blades to use with my Hayes disc brakes but I can't find any instructions on the Hayes site for how to remove the existing blades from the brake lever. Does anyone have expewrience with this? Any help you could give is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit
    I found a pair of Razor Rock stiffy lever blades to use with my Hayes disc brakes but I can't find any instructions on the Hayes site for how to remove the existing blades from the brake lever. Does anyone have expewrience with this? Any help you could give is greatly appreciated.

On the hayes website there is an entire maintenance manual that includes exploded diagrams.

http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/pdf/45...lishForWeb.pdf

TJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrellyrabbit
    If your Hayes brakes have the pressed in pin it is best to press them out with this tool http://www.balleracing.com/BR-150_1.htm or find a shop that has one. Don't hammer the pin out like the Hayes manual says, it could damage your master cylinder housing and crack the plastic bushings. If you have the older 98/99/DH model there is a C-clip you remove. The newer 2003-2004 Hayes Mag brakes use a T-bolt that uses two allen wrenches to install.
    Erik,
    Balle Racing
    www.balleracing.com

squirrellyrabbit

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I saw the exploded diagram on the Hayes site but I was at a loss about what tool to use to get the pin out. These are probably 2000 or 01 brakes, so I guess I will go on a quest for this tool at the LBS. Wish me luck...