mtbr member
    Sep 2008

How do I swap the brake levers?

Hello,

This might sound pretty stupid, but how do I swap my brake levers? i.e I want to reverse the way they are now, as its european style and I'm used to american style. They brakes are brand new saint hydralics.

Before I was able to just unscrew the levels and swap them, but on this bike (09 giant glory dh) id need to take the grips off first.

Is it easy to just swap out the cables themselves maybe?

Cheers for any help,
    Alan

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Swap the hoses over not the levers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba
    Swap the hoses over not the levers.
    I agree. For best results I would suggest turning the levers upwards just to make this next step easier: When you disconnect the lines, before inserting them back into the lever, add one drop of fluid into the lever where the hose goes in (this is why I say to tilt them up) then insert the hose and tighten. I have not tried this on Saint brakes yet, but on most others I've done, you almost always loose a drop of fluid when disconnecting the line. In my experiance, adding a drop in the lever has worked well, and usually given a more solid feel to the brake. One time however, the brakes were too hard, so I must not have lost and fluid, and by adding a drop there was just a drop too much. Not usually the case though. good luck.