mtbr member

New question here. How do I stop Hope Mini squeal ?

I got some Hope Minis and they squeal like a pig. I tried sanding the disc surface and caliper pads. It reduced the squeal for a short time but it has came back. Does anybody know if you can do any kind of remedy on the pads or disc to get them to stop ? Also a long time ago I had squeal on my 79 Honda Accord front disc brakes and I was able to fix them with this spray can coating stuff you put on the backside of the pads. Can you do something like that on the Hope Minis? If anybody has got a clue let me know. Thanks DC

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by muddydc
    I got some Hope Minis and they squeal like a pig. I tried sanding the disc surface and caliper pads. It reduced the squeal for a short time but it has came back. Does anybody know if you can do any kind of remedy on the pads or disc to get them to stop ? Also a long time ago I had squeal on my 79 Honda Accord front disc brakes and I was able to fix them with this spray can coating stuff you put on the backside of the pads. Can you do something like that on the Hope Minis? If anybody has got a clue let me know. Thanks DC
    Squeal is generally caused by vibration,so using a product like what you used on your Hondas brakes should work,or at least help.It's main purpose is to eliminate vibration.I use the brush on product on my auto brake pads and am going to put some on my wifes disc brake pads because they squeal a bit.Just apply it sparingly because I'd think that if you put it on too thick it will cause your brakes to drag.
    Dave

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    have the pads been contaminated? I had a terrible time with my brakes sqealing after the pads were contaminated. I tried all the standard remedies and finally cured it by getting new pads and being more careful. Other causes: mounting tabs that aren't square, loose bolts on the brake components ( rotor/caliper), cracked rotor. I have one bike that just has a terrible harmonic vibration which is horrible. I haven't figured that one out, but its not really a squeal

banned
    Jan 2004

Tell them Dr Evil's going to spank them if they don't stop,...

...or you can just try faing tabs, checking caliper/rotor alignment, as well as the spray you mentioned. Make sure your rotors are facing this direction too, and that the bolts are tight: