Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

how do i get my brake pad back in ???

528 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  laotsu42 
#1 ·
i recently injured my back and had to take a week off my bike had to leave it at the store i work at for a couple of days . when i go and get it today i took the wheel off to get it in the car and i guess the pads slipped out and wont go back ...

this is my first set of disk brakes so i am unclear as to what exactly holds the pads in ...

how do i get them back in to place

brakes are avid mechs ...

thanks ...

#2 ·
push them back in

Avid mech pads are easy to remove and put back in. Just make sure the spring clip in sandwiched between both pads, then squeeze them together and should click in. Make sure the pad adjustment knobs are all the way out, then each pad should come out with a tug to get past the clip. Put them back in together.

#3 ·
laotsu42 said:
i recently injured my back and had to take a week off my bike had to leave it at the store i work at for a couple of days . when i go and get it today i took the wheel off to get it in the car and i guess the pads slipped out and wont go back ...

this is my first set of disk brakes so i am unclear as to what exactly holds the pads in ...

how do i get them back in to place

brakes are avid mechs ...

thanks ...
i've found its easier to take out both pads, place them in the clip, then reinsert the entire thing at once. You will see how the clip clips in when you remove the other brake pad. Just slip in the entire thing and apply a little pressure and it should pop right in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.