bike weenie

Hope - x2 or m4?

I've searched through many threads today, and didn't specifically see my ? answered - so here goes.

Bike in question is a DW sultan - and have been using hope mini pros (160mm fr and rr), which I like, but might like something with bit more power.

Am thinking 180mm front, and 160mm rear - but am trying to decide between the m4 for the front or the x2.

The change to 180mm itself should give me more power than what I currently have... and if the x2 is even a little more powerful than the old mono design, I'm thinking that may be enough, and would save some weight over the m4.

Or - weight be damned, do I just go m4, because the x2 is pretty much the same as the old mini?.

If it matters - I'm about 185 lbs in full gear.

Thanks!

banned
    Well, back in 06, I was running Minis, with a 180 front rotor after a couple months of using a 160 in the front. The 160 was fine, but I just wanted to up the rotor size for more of a margin. It worked well (though I was using a Magura 180 wavy rotor). A couple good deals came along and I went with them, to a V2 and an M4 on the rear.

It's kind of hard to say which way to go for you, depending on how much more power, fade resistance, or margin you want.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The X2 is a bit more powerful than the mono mini - perhaps 10-20%. I run a 183 m4 front and a 160x2 rear on my Stumpy FSR with great results - I'm about 200lbs loaded. You may be fine with a X2 183 front depending on the tire sizes used, terrain and such.

Ultimated Outsider
    M4 four pods are better than 2.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.