mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Hope V2 / Hope X2 Comparison

I'm presently useing hope v2 with 183 floating rotors,I would discribe them as "stop a freight train feel"...I love them !!!
    I'm looking to pick up another set of brakes for a all mountain build,I'm thinking of the x2 with 203 rotors.Are the x2 close to the power of the v2,will I still get that stop a freight train feel with the x2 with 203 rotors ??
    Also do the braided lines add to the super stopping power with hope brakes.
    thx for the feedback
    Last edited by AMCAT; 02-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    I presently use hope v2 with 183 floating rotors,I would discribe them as "stop a freight train feel"...I love them !!!
    I'm looking to pick up another set of brakes for a all mountain build,I'm thinking of the x2 with 203 rotors.Are the x2 close to the power of the v2,will I still get that stop a freight train feel with the x2 with 203 rotors ??
    Also do the braided lines add to the super stopping power with hope brakes.
    thx for the feedback
    No, the X2 with 203s will not work well if you are looking for V2 power. The M4 183/183 is a great combo. I run the V2 203/183 on my DH rig, and M4 183/183 on my AM rig and love both setups. The M4s have lots of power, but even better modulation than the V2s.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thx for the feedback...Do the x2 have elixir or shimano xt style power ??? If so they may do the job for my a.m. bike

Members who have read this thread: 0