mtbr member

Hope tech X4/CK/Fox issue

The tech X4 rotors, chris king ISO disk hubs, and 2009 Fox forks do not play well together. The spider on the rotors rub the lower post mount on the fork. It is an issue with Chris King hubs. There will need to be a "slight modification" to the fork before it will all play nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I had that problem on my I9/Nixon/V2 combo, I just adjusted it till it fit and didn't rub. I assumed you put some time into that problem. Either way, it's worth the wait. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker1973
    The tech X4 rotors, chris king ISO disk hubs, and 2009 Fox forks do not play well together. The spider on the rotors rub the lower post mount on the fork. It is an issue with Chris King hubs. There will need to be a "slight modification" to the fork before it will all play nice.
    IMHO it's the Hope rotors being too wide
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

emtb.pl
    I had that issue in Feb with 2006 M6 rotor and 08 36talas and CK.
    I'd say it depends on the hub, DT 240's don't rub and - if I remember correctly - Hope ProII don't.
    I'm not sure it's fox's fault or hope having a wide rotor. EIther way I just shaved some material off the lower PM and all is fine since then. Currently with a V2 rotor (Tech V2 and M4 rear)

banned
    Yep, I9 and CK have flanges that are a bit further out than DT and Hope and a couple others.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Funnily enough I don't have an issue with my Fox 36 and DT 240's, Fox 32 and Hope XC's, or Fox 36 and Hope Pro 2's....with Hope Floating rotors. :/

One life, One boss

Just ran into this issue...

Yep King Hub and new 36 RC2 don't match with the floating rotor.I'm probably going to shave down the lower

Do I need a post mount adapter for the 183 MM? If have the last version of the M4 before they changed the levers and what not.

Hope Mount Adaptor Front Post to Post 183mm
    Hope Brake Mount Adaptor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by aka AK
    Yep King Hub and new 36 RC2 don't match with the floating rotor.I'm probably going to shave down the lower

Do I need a post mount adapter for the 183 MM? If have the last version of the M4 before they changed the levers and what not.

Hope Mount Adaptor Front Post to Post 183mm
    Hope Brake Mount Adaptor
    Yes, you do need a post to post 183 adapter.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    May 2006
    same problem here with mavic crosma xl wheels, hope mono mini floating rotors and fox float 2009. the rotor rubs on the post mount

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My i9's rub and my hope pro2's dont.

One life, One boss

a little shave

My LBS is going to shave down the lower post a bit to make it fit. Really only 2mm or so need to be removed. Structually should be fine.

Who could give up this bling!

it's....
    Quote Originally Posted by aka AK
    My LBS is going to shave down the lower post a bit to make it fit. Really only 2mm or so need to be removed. Structually should be fine.

Who could give up this bling!
    I just replaced my old cleansweep 203mm rotor with that same one on my BB7/Pike dual air and nothing rubs.
    Did not weigh them, but the Hope rotor definitely was lighter just holding it compared to the old cleansweep rotor.
    I replaced the rear as well, and also was an easy swap with no rubbing (160mm BB7).

Surfing trails
    I ran into this yesterday with a I9 hub / 36 Talas / 183mm Hope floating rotor. So I got curious and tried a 180mm Magura Venti rotor. Same problem.

The Hope rotor barely rubbed against the Fox lower brake post but the Venti rotor's rivets hit the post and prevent the wheel from turning.

Either way it is time to sand down a bit of the Fox brake post.