mtbr member

Hope tech v2 bleeding tips

Hi I've got a pair of v2 brakes, there awesome things but the free stroke movement gets me, why the leaver has to move so much before the brakes pull, does any one have any tips???

b a n n e d
    A bleed may, or may not help . . . Hopes do have a decent amount of free stroke. You can, however, adjust the bite point and lever reach.

Are you using the V2 rotors or the regular rotors?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    A bleed may, or may not help . . . Hopes do have a decent amount of free stroke. You can, however, adjust the bite point and lever reach.

Are you using the V2 rotors or the regular rotors?
    Agreed on this, adjusting usually works but they do have more free stroke than some other brakes

But for a bleed, type "hope brakes bleeding" into google and prepare to be amazed. The amount of info and videos is crazy
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Hi I'm using the v2 rotors and have some vented ones too, they both bite in the same place with about 3/4 inch free stroke?

b a n n e d
    Honestly, that sounds pretty normal to me . . . I think its the way that they are.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Cheers for your info guys, much appreciated

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by deeptroller123 View Post
    You can remove the stock adjustment thumb screws and replace with longer ones without the end shaft clip to limit adjustment and make them feel a whole lot better.
    Very interesting idea. What did you replace the stock knob with? I don't think it is standard pitch.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Very interesting idea. What did you replace the stock knob with? I don't think it is standard pitch.
    Can't remember the exact size but it was a metric hex head bolt and I changed them to extend the reach of the lever out further away from the grip.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by deeptroller123 View Post
    Can't remember the exact size but it was a metric hex head bolt and I changed them to extend the reach of the lever out further away from the grip.
    SWEET. For those wondering, simply remove the lever, remove the Hope BPC adjuster, and replace it with a longer M6 x1.0 (not M5 x 1.0 originally stated) bolt. Put a bit of blue locktite on it. To get fancy, look at the BPC bolt, it has 3 slots cut in it which are the indents. Using a dremel, you can easily replicate. I will pick up some nice stainless bolts to replace the temporary one I have in there to test.

I was able to dial out all of the free stroke, you can have less than 1/8" if you want. I like a soft lever, but I was wishing for about 1/4" less free play, and now I am set.

THANKS DEEPTROLLER!
    Last edited by tiSS'er; 01-15-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

banned
    Jan 2013
    No problem

SnapHappyChappy
    Dec 2012
    Sounds like a great little modification. Will give that a try myself. Thanks deeptroller