mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Hope Tech Lever Leaking

Hey, just bought a set of hope tech m4 brakes.

When I got them I noticed there was some brake fluid residue on the master cylinder. I figured it was just left over so I put them on and after pulling the lever a few times I noticed that there was no stopping point, no matter how much I adjusted the pad contact. I then looked at the bottom of the master cylinder cap and it was leaking oil out of the screw. I've noticed it does this the more I pull the lever.

They are brand new and I just put them on, its only doing it on one of the levers, but the other one there is a slight residue of oil on the bottom of the cap as well, just no where as much.

Is this common? Or was somebody drunk the day they put these together. I'm reading around and I've read other people having the same issue. Some have been resolved and some haven't.

Thanks.

b a n n e d
    Sounds like a call to Hope is in order. I have no experience with Hope, but I have heard they have good CS.

Either that or return it to the place you bought em'

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've contacted the people I bought them from and waiting for a response. I'm going to call Hope either today or tomorrow and see whats up.

Another thing is on one side of the caps there are two very small holes above both of the screws, and these holes in the caps are used on the bottom side of the master cylinder. Maybe they are suppose to be on top? And the caps that don't have the holes are suppose to be on the bottom?