mtbr member

Hope Tech Evo V2

I spent a bit of time last night looking for actual weight of these brakes and can't find anything definitive. Hope says "from 546g". What does that even mean? From? Is that one full setup with the solid 203mm disc? With the vented rotor? 203mm?

Everything else I have seen from Hope has been really well made and the 'vented" rotor looks really intriguing. But I have seen it listed at almost 300g which is 3 times the weight of their 203mm floating rotors, which work really well btw. I haven't even seen a weight for the solid rotors for the V2.

I also looked at test results and Saint brakes out performed everything else on the market in terms of stopping power, and they cost less. Still that vented rotor...

Anybody have actual weights of everything? That you weighed yourself?
    No it never stops hurting, but if you keep at it you can go faster.

mtbr member
    Not for the V2s, sorry. You could always email Hope and see if they would supply weights for the individual components.

As for the from - probably refers to the combination used. So for the V2s, maybe that is the lightest combination/setup weight...?

mtbr member
    Trust me, if you get them you will not be sorry you didn't get the Saints...fantastic brakes.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Here you go, these are with the Alpine scale- accurate to the nearest 10g i think.

Tech V2 front 300g

Tech V2 rear 340g (both with Goodridge hose, plastic hose would save about 100g/pair)

203 disc is 200g and the vented is 300g (vented is not needed, and clogs with mud anyway)

I used to have the first gen V2, a friend has the newer model with the slimmer calliper. Mine were approx 30g heavier per brake than quoted above. I only mention this incase you were going to buy a used early set.

I will be getting another pair sometime as i think they are just great brakes. Hope or Shimano baby.

p.s. If you go on the Sicklines.com website they have a lot of verified weights.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    deos anyone know if the new v2 evo requires the same wider brake track as the old style v2? i would assume so, just curious. thanks!

mtbr member
    You mean require a thicker rotor? I asked a while ago and was told yes. But I have never seen them in person. But if they didn't the thicker vented rotor wouldn't fit.

wuss
    The V2 brake track will surely still be as wide as before. However you don't have to use the thickest 300g rotors, you can just use the floating V2's (208g for 203mm) or fixed V2 rotor which I have (235g for 203mm). You should however note that some hubs place the rotor closer to the caliper then others, and people have had problems with the floating rotors (the rings holding the brake track catch the caliper mount adapter). This can be often fixed by filing on the mount or fork brake tabs, but personally I just went with the fixed rotors (they where cheaper too, but required special order). I run a fixed 180mm rotor on the rear but can't find the weight, I would have thought I would have posted it on that other thread... You can run the trial 160 rotor too if you want.

whole front (caliper, braided hose and tech lever): 310g
    whole rear (caliper, braided hose and tech lever): 344g

I put some of my measured weights here:
    Hope Tech M4 v V2 ?

I got an excel from Hope with all their product weights, till now everything seems to be real weights (verified by my own measurements).